Share with your friends
Fee: $99 (₹ 7700)
Total Seats: 40
Only limited seats to make the workshop lively and interactive.
Alternately you can directly enroll above (take this course)
This workshop is designed for students/Engineers who are interested to learn not just CFD simulation of Turbomachines but also the theory of turbomachines and the complete design process. In the first part of the workshop, the theory of turbomachines will be taught in detail. Here you will learn the fundamentals including Euler equations, velocity triangles, efficiencies, design parameters, and all-important terminologies and equations about turbomachines a CFD Engineer must know. Then you will learn the fundamentals of the design of turbomachines along with practical sessions using tools like Vista, BladeGen, Turbogrid, and CFX. Then you will learn the details of CFD modeling techniques of turbomachines, with tutorial sessions using CFX. This workshop is designed for a complete beginner in CFD and turbomachine domain. Prior experience with CFD is not mandatory. Tutorials/hands-on sessions to learn it in a practical way.
- Course Instructors: (1) Prof Dhiman Chatterjee (IIT Madras)
ME (Eng) and Ph.D. IISC Bangalore
(2) Anish Gupta (Ex- ISRO, Honeywell/Garrett)
ME (Engg), IISC Bangalore, 25+ years of Industrial Experience
(3) Dr. Sandeep Mouvanal (Senior Researcher, University of Nottingham)
MS, Ph.D. IIT Madras, 15+ years of Industrial Experience
- Date: 16, 17 and 23rd July 2022
- Time: 12.30 pm to 6.30 pm IST
- Total access to recordings of live sessions: 3 Months
- Computer requirement: Minimum 4 GB RAM and i3 processor
- Software: ANSYS Vista, BladeGen, Turbogrid, ANSYS CFX. You can download and install the free student version of ANSYS Fluent on your laptop provided by ANSYS for educational purposes.
- Mode of class: Zoom video call (Once you make the payment, log-in details will be shared
- Learn the basics of Turbomachines an Engineer must know
- Learn the design process of turbomachines in an industrial way using tools
- Learn tools like Vista, BladeGen, Turbogrid, CFX and CFDPost
- CFD Engineers already working in the industry and want to specialize in the Turbomachinery domain
- Do I get a certificate?
Yes, based on your attendance and completion of tutorials, you will be given the certificate.
- Do I need a powerful workstation/computer to learn this course?
No, a normal laptop with 4 or 8GB RAM and a decent processor (i3) is good enough for this course.
- What if I don’t understand some portion or need to clarify some doubts?
We will support you through emails and zoom meetings/discussion sessions to clear all doubts and questions
- Should I know the programming or any other CFD software to learn this course?
No, you don’t need.
- Is there any prerequisite?
The basic knowledge in fluid mechanics is required to learn CFD