Share with your friends
This course is designed for a complete beginner for learning computational fluid dynamics from a practical perspective. We will start from the essential mathematics to derive and understand the governing equations of fluid flow along with assignments that will familiarize you with programming. In the next step, you will learn to discretize the partial differential equations and solve them by writing codes. You will also learn topics like turbulence/turbulence models and also will be introduced to CFD software like ANSYS Fluent, OpenFOAM, etc.
- Course Instructor: Dr. Sandeep Mouvanal [MS, PhD from IIT Madras] [ 15 years Industrial Exp. as CFD Engineer]
Current Position: Senior Researcher, University of Nottingham, UK
- Course content: 30 Lessons including quizzes and challenges/assignments
- Doubt clearance: Live video call meetings (Zoom doubt clearing sessions) and Email support.
- Discussion forum: A discussion forum to discuss any topics with fellow students and the instructor
- Total access period: 6 Months from the day of enrolling
- Computer requirement: Minimum 4 GB RAM and i3 processor
- Software: MATLAB or Octave, Student version of ANSYS (Both are free for students)
- Access to course: Once you make the payment, your login ID and password will be sent automatically via email.
- Learn Essential Mathematics required to understand governing equations of fluid flow
- CFD Engineers already working in the industry but want to improve their fundamentals
- Do I get a certificate?
Yes, when you finish all the lessons and the corresponding quizzes/assignments you will gain the course completion certificate with the date of completion.
- Do I need a powerful workstation/computer to learn this course?
No, a normal laptop with 4 or 8GB RAM and a decent processor (i3) is good enough for this course.
- What if I don’t understand some portion or need to clarify some doubts?
We will support you through emails and zoom meetings/discussion session to clear all doubts and questions
- Should I know CFD software to learn this course?
No, you will learn it during the course.
- Is there any prerequisite?
The basic knowledge in fluid mechanics is required to learn CFD
- I am not good at programming, can I still enrol?
Programming knowledge is not a prerequisite for this course. You will be given guidance to learn MATLAB/Octave from scratch. The assignments in the course will help you
You create your own matrix solver first, then you learn how to discretize & linearize the PDE's so that your PC can make some additions & subtractions to solve the PDE's in for loops, with the same tool you created. What is very important with this course is, it teaches how to convert PDE's into algebric equations by hand so that your PC can handle it, And you gain invaluable insight into CFD.